Nutritional Support is crucial for MGD and Dry Eye patients. A number of good products are available on the market.
Nutricional support for Meibomian Gland Dysfunction and Dry Eyes contains Omega 3 fatty acids EPA and DHA from high quality fish oil. Studies have shown that high quality omega 3’s products provides significant dry eye relief, suppress markers of ocular surface inflammation and maintain corneal surface smoothness.
Triglyceride Omega 3 products have also been found to be helpful in managing dry eye and meibomian gland dysfunction. Enhanced Blend of Triglyceride Fish Oil and Flax Seed to achieve maximum tear production. Natural Triglyceride Form is up to 70% more absorbable than ethyl ester form found in most fish oils.
Addressing inflammation in Dry Eyes
Nearly every dry eye has concomitant inflammation, which must be managed. Omega 3 with high concentration of EPA can help you adressing inflammation. Others options too are available such as topical steroïds and / or doxycycline.
Interesting information on how to improve dry eyes naturally
- If you smoke, reduce or better quit smoking -Smoking limits the blood flow to the eyes and increases the oxidative stress.
- Wear sunglasses when outside to protect your eyes from wind, dust and harmful rays
- Avoid eating fatty foods- high fat diets can cause deposits that constrict blood flow to the arteries.
- Eat fish once or twice each week. The antioxidants in fish are good for eye health.
- Maintain a normal weight and get some exercise. It will improves circulation, which improves oxygen levels in the eyes.
- Keep your blood pressure and cholesterol in normal ranges. High blood pressure can hurt eye health.
- Take your Omega 3 supplementss daily. This helps supplement your diet, which does not provide enough nutrients to keep your eyes healthy as you age.
- Eat a diet rich in green, leafy vegetables and fruits- Foods high in carotenoids such as cantaloupe, spinach, and carrots are great foods to eat on a regular basis.