Xiidra is a prescription eye drop solution used to treat the signs and symptoms of dry eye disease. It is not known if Xiidra is safe and effective in children under 17 years of age.
Xiidra: Ophthalmic solution containing lifitegrast 5% (50 mg/mL) is a lymphocyte function-associated antigen-1 (LFA-1) antagonist supplied as a sterile, clear, colorless to slightly brownish-yellow colored, isotonic solution of lifitegrast with a pH of 7.0-8.0 and an osmolarity randge of 200-300 mOsmol/kg.
Please note that this information does not take the place of talking to your doctor about your medical condition or your treatment.
Before you use Xiidra, tell your doctor if you:
- are using any other eye drops
- wear contact lenses
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if Xiidra will harm your unborn baby.
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if Xiidra passes into your breast milk. Talk to your doctor about the best way to feed your baby if you use Xiidra.
How should I use Xiidra ?
- Use Xiidra as your doctor tells you.
- Use 1 drop of Xiidra in each eye, 2 times each day, about 12 hours apart.
- Use Xiidra right away after opening. Throw away the single-use container and any unused solution after you have applied the dose to both eyes. Do not save any Xiidra for later.
What are the possible side effects of Xiidra ?
The most common side effects of Xiidra include eye irritation, discomfort, or blurred vision when the drops are applied to the eyes, and unusual taste sensation (dysgeusia).
How should I store Xiidra ?
- Store Xiidra at room temperature between 68ºF to 77ºF (20ºC to 25ºC).
- Store Xiidra in the original foil pouch to protect it from light.
- Do not open the Xiidra foil pouch until you are ready to use the eye drops.
- Return unused single-use containers to their original foil pouch to protect from excessive light exposure.
Keep Xiidra and all medicines out of reach of children.
What are the ingredients in Xiidra ?
Active ingredient: lifitegrast
Inactive ingredients: sodium chloride, sodium phosphate dibasic anhydrous, sodium thiosulfate pentahydrate, sodium hydroxide and / or hydrochloric acid (to adjust pH) and water for injection.
- Xiidra is for use in the eye
- Wash your hands before each use to make sure you do not infect your eyes while using Xiidra
- If you wear contact lenses, remove them before using Xiidra
- Xiidra single-use containers are packaged in foil pouch. Do not remove from the foil pouch until you are ready to use Xiidra
- Do not let the tip of the Xiidra singe-use container touch your eye or any other surfaces.
- Use 1 drop of Xiidra in each eye 2 times each day (1 drop in the morning and 1 drop in the evening, approximately 12 hours apart). Each single-use container of Xiidra will give you enough medicine to treat both of your eyes, 1 time. There is some extra Xiidra in each single-use container in case you miss getting a drop into your eye. After you have applied the drops, throw away the single-use container and any unused Xiidra. Do not save unused medication.